Friday, September 23, 2011

Feng Shui?

People's feelings and moods change a lot depending on their environment. If you go in a room that's cramped with boxes, maybe after moving into a new house or something like that, a person may feel trapped and nervous. If the same person goes outside and lays down under a shady tree, I would assume that they are freeing their mind of what's inside the room, and relaxing. The way that we feel everyday is greatly effected by our surroundings. On Wednesday, I laid in my bed trying to study for two major quizzes that I was going to have the next day. In one hour's time, I must have read through the chapter 3 times without remembering a single thing. This was probably due to the pile of clothes that I was laying next to, my hot pink and orange walls, the bubbling fish tank in the corner, or the idea that my macbook pro was sitting right on my desk, open...sort of mocking me in a way.

I was at my house, since I'm a commuter. I walked downstairs to our guest bedroom. The bed was empty, without even a pillow. There was no computer, or t.v. Just me, the bed, and my books. My eyes were drawn strictly too my books. There was absolutely no stopping me. One hour into studying, and I could probably recite the chapter to anyone that asked.

By organizing, or moving to an organized environment, people might just be more calm. The less substance, the more you can focus on what's important.

Relating this to film: If there's a straight on shot of a man sitting on a rocking chair on his porch infront of his beige house, he's probably got no worries in the world. The feng shui of the shot can tell us that he's calm. If you're watching a movie that takes place in New York city during Christmas time, the feng shui of the scene is probably going to be hectic because of the bright lights, and mass amounts of people. You can, in most cases, put yourself in the scene and imaging how the environment would effect your feng shui.

Question: Has anyone ever realized that it's much easier to study in one place than another? Or that's it's much easier to go shopping at one mall as opposed to another? Maybe it's easier to take one route instead of another route? The reason is probably because the environment is having an effect on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment