Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Perfect Moment

Have you ever looked up at the perfect moment? For example: If you didn't look up at that specific moment, you totally would have missed something. Maybe you make eye contact with someone 20 feet away, in a crowed room, because both of your heads are turning at the same exact time. Or maybe you're at a sporting event that doesn't have instant replays. If you blink, you could potentially miss something game changing and will never be able to see it again.

I've been paying attention to this a lot lately, and it's changing the way I look at things. Yesterday when I was walking up the stairs to the second floor of the library, I stopped. I never ever stop, but something told me to stop and look out the window. I thought it was really cool because there are a couple of maroon squares in the windows. I was directly in line with a maroon square, and Iggy's head was framed right in the middle of that maroon square with the rain pouring in the background. It looked so epic.

Maybe this was just a random change of pace to an everyday library ritual. Now I'm starting to wonder how many other things I'll be able to see if I take a step to the left, or turn a few seconds earlier on the way to other daily rituals.

As for the eye contact thing. Do you ever wonder why it seems like your head is turning fast until your eyes meet someone else's from a somewhat distance, and pause on their eyes as they pause on yours?

It's funny how timing plays the a huge role in just about any activity.
(this probably makes no sense, but this is what's on my mind right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment