Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My View on "Into the Wild"

Is it ironic how Chris ends up escaping from the society he dreaded at home, but he got stuck at the "Magic Bus"? It bothers me that I was not able to see him return home as a new man. Certainly his values had changed drastically. It was as if he tested himself to see how far he could push himself. He did an excellent job on surviving for so long and improvising when he did not have anywhere to go or barely anything to eat. He was able to land jobs in towns that he did not know anything about. I thought about the process that I had to go through this summer to get my social security card in order to work and then I was amazed at how he got a job in so little time when he lacked his birth certificate, id, and his social security card. He is a very clever character and I think he deserves more credit than what some people in our class gave him. Personally, I would have freaked out after the hurricane, but Chris did not; he kept moving and he remained positive, which took a lot of the people he met by surprise. GREAT MOVIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment