Thursday, October 6, 2011

Budding Entrepeneurs

For my service learning, I work at the Green School up Freret. I work with the Budding Entrepeneurs after school club. And by work with, I mean participate in the crafts and play in the garden with them. They are such awesome kids who have this amazing opportunity at their school. They definitely m ake the most of their at-school garden in this club. Today from 3:40 til 4:15 they will be selling some of the goods that they've made in their club. My favorite thing that they made (and I got to help with) are these greeting cards with home made paper shapes glued on. The home made paper has plant seeds in it, so if you remove it from the greeting card, you can plant it and something will grow! I made a card with a heart on it in case anyone wants to go there and buy it. I fight encourage you all to go because the kids are so awesome and it's a really beautiful school and garden. Plus, you can take whatever you want from the garden, and believe me, they have a ton of things growing, from okra to watermelon to cayenne peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment