Friday, October 28, 2011

City and Colour

Music plays a huge role in peoples lives. People turn to it almost like it's a drug. It gets you up when you're down, and it knows exactly how you feel. Music can influence its listeners in many ways. It can save a person. It can put a person on the right track. It can clear a person's mind.

Last night was on of the best nights of my life. My favorite band went to the House of Blues as a pre-Voodoo show. City and Colour makes me want to live. I don't know if that makes sense, but it makes me enjoy life so much more. If ever I'm down, I listen to Dallas Green's beautiful voice and everything is okay.

This is the first time I've seen City and Colour live. I've never totally lost my breath while listening to any band live. I had to hold back tears. There was so much emotion in the songs, and present throughout the room. It was really nice knowing that there were many other people there that felt the same as me. The show was sold out, and people were begging on the streets for people to sell their tickets. I wouldn't have sold my ticket for $200. I only bought it for $25. Now, I'm buying a one day ticket to Voodoo for $70, just so I can see Dallas Green again.

Classmates, you might think that this is a pointless blog post. I want to share with you something that I experience listening to his music daily. So many doors have opened up, because I just want to be optimistic about everything.



please listen to this song. you won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment