Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ew

A friend shared this video with me and I thought I would share it with y'all. I have long been disturbed by the concept of Turducken (ever since a very unpleasant experience at age 11) but this is so much worse!!!



What has happened to us and our relationship with food and animals that we feel the need to degrade it like this? This is way more an expression of dominance and power than it is fulfilling a need for nutrition. I shudder to think how many animals were harmed in the making of this video.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Epic Meal Time. I've seen this video before. I don't feel that the TurBacon is so much an expression of dominance, though--"expression" implies some amount of intention, like the goal of making the TurBacon was to prove to the strange strangers in question that they were inferior. No, I think we have something worse going on here. I'd call it an act of ignorance. I say that's worse because... well, how do you convince the ignorant that what they're doing is wrong?

    I think these guys' indifference, disrespect, exploitation, whatever-you-want-to-call-it is sad. I feel for them almost as much as I feel for the strange strangers they ate. If you're not capable of living in moderation, I don't think you or your descendents are going to last much longer (on an evolutionary time scale, that is). The days of excess are nearing their end. Don't mess with the mesh, man!

    ReplyDelete