Saturday, December 10, 2011

Music and the Environment in Film

My final project thing was originally going to be something along the lines of exploring "how film shapes the environment" or something like that. I thought about this question for a very long time and could never really come up with ideas on exactly what this question was asking me or if I even really understood what the question actually was. Regardless, the question left me without out a clue as to how to tackle this project.

However, after watching the movie Koyaanisqatsi for our class, I noticed that the music (even though I thought the music wasn't very good) was the only thing accompanying the moving pictures. The music thus played a huge role on how the environment is shaped within the film. With that said, I decided to tweak my final project a bit and focus on how music shapes the environment in film and music and film in general.

Some of the movies I've been thinking about discussing for this blog are the Bill and Ted movies (all time favorite movies, and their music eventually saves the world, pretty sweet duudes), The Social Network (this film's score actually won an academy award), Tron: Legacy (one of my favorite electronic bands, Daft Punk, did the score for this film, which is pretty cool), and a few others. Stay tuned, it'll be pretty legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment