Sunday, December 25, 2011

This is my project in the form of a poem

"Becoming the Whole"

Koyaanisqatsi, life out of balance…

This Castle is crumblin' as I'm sippin' from my Chalice

Alas I'm just a King when I thought I was a God

Alas I'm just a Man when I thought I was a King

Alas I'm but a Boy when I thought I was a man, damn…


I used to use my hand, as if it was God's

But these puppets are alive and have broken their string

Cause I tried to make war, but the war made me

See, the war that I waged is a reflection of me


Koyaanisqatsi, life out of balance

These lips of mine have touched the liquid malice

Creatures I see as kin have helped in my demise

They want to be the ruler, and I will not suffice


Vicariously they cannot live through my eyes

So, this castle that I've built is Doomed to Fall

With pillars like toothpicks-- Oh how they perished

Setting flame to my thrown, I know now I'm an embarrassment


For Nature runs me; I couldn't run nature

Now I stand looking through the glass

Of my dilapidating Palace

And I scream, knowing no one will hear me


Here I stand apart from the rest

But once the beating ceases in my chest

I will be consumed by the flame, and covered by the rubble

Ultimately I will be one with the Others

No comments:

Post a Comment