Friday, December 9, 2011

Reduce Reuse Recycle, What? Not Here!

I'm not the greenest person on earth, and I don't think I'm very green at all, but I try to practice the 3 R's where I can. My sisters and I live together, that is 3 other sisters, and their mates. I guess it is sort of green for us to share housing. However, I try to preach to my two oldest sisters about the 3 R's and the environment all the time, but they can care less. My biggest pet peeve is the bottled water. Two of my older sisters buy cases and cases of bottled water, it is so annoying, we have a filtered water dispenser on the fridge. At one point I got them to save the bottles and I would bring them to recycle at Tulane, before Loyola had plastic recycling. Now they just throw the bottles away, sometimes if I see it in the garbage I would take it out, but then again I can't save the world. Or could I? Well there is a new recycling drop off box near my house, so hopefully I can get them to start recycling again. Or if I'm real lucky I can get them to stop buying bottled water! After watching Manufactured Landscapes, recycling doesn't seem like a good thing anyways. So reducing is the best bet.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right; consumption is the big problem, but it is the part no one wants to tackle.

    ReplyDelete